Monday, July 18, 2011

HP&DH Pt. 2

The air conditioner in my apartment went down yesterday (for the second time this summer!), so, after submitting my maintenance request at the office, I decided to go to the theater to catch the last Harry Potter movie. Some thoughts.

* It was a bit jumbled; the things that had been changed in earlier movies really have added up, and there are any number of things that are just thrown together here.

* But overall, it works. They don't manage to make clear why Harry comes back, however, which is a pretty significant weakness -- it seems contrived.

* While nobody's going to focus on them, McRory and Bonham Carter do some really excellent acting here.

* Holy moly, Matthew Lewis has gotten tall! It's a long way from the short chubby Neville at the beginning. He just towers over everybody else.

* Can I count the ways in which the Smurf movie looks like it is going to be awful? No, because then I would have to remember the awful trailer.

It turned out that the air conditioner problem was just a faulty wire. So now I might be able to get some sleep tonight; 86 degrees Fahrenheit, which is what my apartment was last night, is a bit warm for sleeping.